Figured it’s been a long time since I last posted a pic of my pup, Emily. Here you go: glam shot!
Wow, hard to believe it’s been a week since my last post.
– far too much wine at home and nowhere to put it. I have a wine cellar fridge unit on order (for the past 3 months) that still has not shown up. Bottles are now laying on their sides under my cellar racks and I am thankful that I have quite a few screw-cap closures so keeping some bottles standing up is unimportant.
– fall is entirely here in Calgary, if you can call it fall. Highs of 12, rain that threatens to turn into snow each night, a blanket beside the tomatoes on the deck, thermostat settings finally having to be employed and revised, changing into long sleeved shirts after work instead of tees, turning the lights on at 4:30…
– lots going on and yet nothing to report. How cryptic, yes.
– success and stress at work; some related some not.
– lots of trips planned for this fall: Halifax end of October, Whistler mid-November, Toronto end of November, Mexico beginning and mid-December.
– learned how to install and successfully installed 3 new, low-flush toilets in our house (all by myself, yay!), in a first step towards upgrading the efficiency of our home (next step, blowing in additional attic insulation).
– have developed a new avocation – watches.
– really disappointed in my options in the upcoming Canadian federal election.
– really apprehensive about how the American election is going to turn out (come on Americans, vote with common sense this time, PLEASE).
– volunteering, or at least trying to, for a local provincial MLA who is running for the leadership of the Alberta Liberal Party.
that is all for now.